Indians dedicate win to Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar of India is chaired on a lap of honor after India's victory over Sri Lanka in the 2011 ICC World Cup Final between India and Sri Lanka played at Wankhede Stadium on April 2, 2011 in Mumbai, India.
Sachin Tendulkar make crosses 18,000 runs.
Sachin Tendulkar has become the first batsman to score 50 centuries in Test cricket.
The 37 year-old achieved the feat, and also passed 14,500 runs, as India battled to make South Africa bat again in the first Test in Centurion.
Tendulkar moved to 95 by driving Paul Harris for six, then edged towards 100, ultimately reaching the milestone in his 175th Test with a single off Dale Steyn.
Sachin Tendulkar Highest ODI Score Sachin Tendulkar 200 Runs Tendulkar 200 Runs India vs South Africa India Cricket India’s Sachin Tendulkar Equals Highest ODI Score of 200 Runs Sachin Tendulkar Break Saeed Anwar’s Record World Record Sachin Hit Double Century In ODI Sachin 200 Runs Against South Africa Sachin Tendulkar Hit Double Century In ODI Sachin Tendulkar Hit Double Century In ODI Sachin Can Get 200 In ODIs
One of the greatest players to have ever played the game, Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar has been the greatest icon of world cricket for almost two decades now. Ever since his debut way back in 1989, he displayed exemplary skills when at the crease and was immediately hailed as the next genius. Sachin did not disappoint anyone and cruised his way into the record books with each knock. The mid-90s saw him peak and every opposition feared the ‘Little Master’. His batting is based on simple principles and he does not possess any trademark stroke, although the straight drive comes close. Tendulkar's triumph has been his ability to adapt to situations, surfaces, oppositions and emerging victorious. He can score all around the wicket, off both front foot and back, and has made runs in all parts of the world. Don Bradman confessed that Tendulkar reminded him of himself and this perhaps speaks volumes of the latter's greatness.With infinite records to his name, Sachin is widely regarded as one of the greatest batsmen in the history of cricket. Each time he comes to bat, he carries the expectation of millions of people with him and comes good more often than not, which only reinforces the enormity of this genius. His opening partnerships with Sourav Ganguly marked one of the most successful phases of Indian cricket. Tendulkar is one of the very few Indian players to never be dropped from the team and his consistency in Tests and ODIs is remarkable.He has suffered a few injuries but over the years India has developed firebrand cricketers like Virender Sehwag, MS Dhoni and Yuvraj Singh who have borne the burden of Tendulkar’s former responsibility. But Tendulkar never takes things for granted and each passing year, he outdoes himself but creating another record. He already holds the record for most runs in Tests and ODIs and most centuries in both forms of the game. He deliberately omits himself from Twenty20 Internationals and that may have been his biggest regret as a young Indian team won the inaugural World Twenty20. As age catches up with him, he picks and chooses series he wishes to participate in. His ultimate goal is to sign off with a World Cup victory, which millions of Indians are hoping will come in his home-town India, in 2011.
Sachin Tendulkar scored 200 runs in second ODI against South Africa today at Gwalior. Sachin is first cricketer to score double century in ODI matches. It was his 411th ODI match. To score 200 runs, Tendulkar played 147 balls. With this Sachin creates World record for highest runs and also only player to score double century in ODI matches.
Sachin 25 boundaries and three sixes. Before this the highest score of Sachin in ODI was 187 runs. He took 56 singles and 13 double runs in his historic inning.
With this Sachin become highest run scorer in ODI format. Sachin broke the record of Saeed Anwar of 194 runs which was against India. Imporant part of Sachin inning was that he did not use any runner where as Saeed AnwarSachin Tendulkar, who plays for India, scored 200 not out in today's game against South Africa, beating his own personal best of 186 not out.
Current ODI batting records:
- 200 not out: Sachin Tendulkar, India
- 194 not out: Charles Coventry, Zimbabwe
- 194: Saeed Anwar, Pakistan
- 189 not out: Viv Richards, West Indies
- 189: Sanath Jayasuriya, Sri Lanka
- 188 not out:Gary Kirsten, South Africa
That's the record! He lunges forward to a full delivery outside off and deftly glides it down to third man, he pumps his fists as he completes the second run, he's now the highest run-scorer in Tests beating Lara's tally of 11,953, fireworks go up in the stadium, he gets a rousing standing ovation from the crowd and his team-mates, there's a brief hold up in play as the fireworks seem to last forever! All the Australians rush to congratulate him. The Australians are taking a breather, normal service has been disrupted, that's for sure! Incidentally, Lara overtook Allan Border's record against Australia as well, in Adelaide in
Sachin Tendulkar's first interview in 1989
70 of the Records Held by Sachin Tendulkar
1. Highest Run scorer in the ODI
2. Most number of hundreds in the ODI 46
3. Most number of nineties in the ODI
4. Most number of man of the matches(56) in the ODI's
5. Most number of man of the series(14) in ODI's
6. Best average for man of the matches in ODI's
7. First Cricketer to pass 10000 run in the ODI
8. First Cricketer to pass 15000 run in the ODI
9. He is the highest run scorer in the world cup (1,796 at an average of 59.87 as on 20 March 2007)
10. Most number of the man of the matches in the world cup
11. Most number of runs 1996 world cup 523 runs in the 1996 Cricket World Cup at an average of 87.16
12. Most number of runs in the 2003 world cup 673 runs in 2003 Cricket World Cup, highest by any player in a single Cricket World Cup
13. He was Player of the World Cup Tournament in the 2003 Cricket World Cup.
14. Most number of Fifties in ODI's 93
15. Appeared in Most Number of ODI's 456
16. He is the only player to be in top 10 ICC ranking for 10 years.
17. Most number of 100's in test's 49.
18. He is one of the three batsmen to surpass 11,000 runs in Test cricket, and the first Indian to do so
19. He is thus far the only cricketer to receive the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India's highest sporting honor
20. In 2003, Wisden rated Tendulkar as d No. 1 and Richards at No. 2 in all time Greatest ODI player
21. In 2002, Wisden rated him as the second greatest Test batsman after Sir Donald Bradman.
22. he was involved in unbroken 664-run partnership in a Harris Shield game in 1988 with friend and team mate Vinod Kambli,
23. Tendulkar is the only player to score a century in all three of his Ranji Trophy, Duleep Trophy and Irani Trophy debuts
24. In 1992, at the age of 19, Tendulkar became the first overseas born player to represent Yorkshire
25. Tendulkar has been granted the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, Arjuna Award and Padma Shri by Indian government. He is the only Indian cricketer to get all of them.
26. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 runs in a calendar year in ODI's 7 times
27. Tendulkar has scored 1894 runs in calendar year in ODI's most by any batsman
28. He is the highest earning cricketer in the world
29. He has the least percentage of the man of the matches awards won when team looses a match. Out of his 56 man of the match awards only 5 times India has lost.
30. Tendulkar most number man of match awards(10) against Australia
31. In August of 2003, Sachin Tendulkar was voted as the "Greatest Sportsman" of the country in the sport personalities category in the Best of India poll conducted by Zee News.
32. In November 2006, Time magazine named Tendulkar as one of the Asian Heroes.
33. In December 2006, he was named "Sports person of the Year
34. The current India Poised campaign run by The Times of India has nominated him as the Face of New India next to the likes of Amartya Sen and Mahatma Gandhi among others.
35. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 50 centuries in international cricket
36. Tendulkar was the first batsman in history to score over 93 centuries in international cricket:79 centuries
37. Has the most overall runs in cricket, (ODIs+Tests+Twenty20s), as of 30 June 2007 he had accumulated almost 26,000 runs overall.
38. Is second on the most number of runs in test cricket just after Brian Lara
39. Sachin Tendulkar with Sourav Ganguly hold the world record for the maximum number of runs scored by the opening partnership. They have put together 6,271 runs in 128 matches
40. The 20 century partnerships for opening pair with Sourav Ganguly is a world record
41. Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid hold the world record for the highest partnership in ODI matches when they scored 331 runs against New Zealand in 1999
42. Sachin Tendulkar has been involved in six 200 run partnerships in ODI matches - a record that he shares with Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid
43. Most Centuries in a calendar year: 9 ODI centuries in 1998
44. Only player to have over 100 innings of 50+ runs (41 Centuries and 87 Fifties)(as of 18th Nov, 2007)
45. the only player ever to cross the 17,000 run marks IN ODI.
46. Sachin Tendulkar achieved the highest ever score in one-dayers, 200 RUNS in 147 BALLS, overtaking Saeed Anwar’s 13-year old, versus South Africa on 24/2/2010 ).
47. The score of 200* is listed the fifth highest score recorded in ODI matches
48. Tendulkar has scored over 1000 ODI runs against all major Cricketing nations.
49. Sachin was the fastest to reach 10,000 runs taking 259 innings and has the highest batting average among batsmen with over 10,000 ODI runs
50. Most number of Stadium Appearances: 90 different Grounds
51. Consecutive ODI Appearances: 185
52. On his debut, Sachin Tendulkar was the second youngest debutant in the world
53. When Tendulkar scored his maiden century in 1990, he was the second youngest to score a century
54. Tendulkar's record of five test centuries before he turned 20 is a current world record
55. Tendulkar holds the current record (217 against NZ in 1999/00 Season) for the highest score in Test cricket by an Indian when captaining the side
56. Tendulkar has scored centuries against all test playing nations. He was the third batman to achieve the distinction after Steve Waugh and Gary Kirsten
57. Tendulkar has 4 seasons in test cricket with 1000 or more runs - 2002 (1392 runs), 1999 (1088 runs), 2001 (1003 runs) and 1997 (1000 runs). Gavaskar is the only other Indian with four seasons of 1000+ runs
58. He is second most number of seasons with over 1000 runs in world.
59. On 3 January 2007 Sachin Tendulkar (5751) edged past Brian Lara's (5736) world record of runs scored in Tests away from home
60. Tendulkar and Brian Lara are the fastest to score 10,000 runs in Test cricket history. Both of them achieved this in 195 innings
61. Second Indian after Sunil Gavaskar to make over 10,000 runs in Test matches
62. Became the first Indian to surpass the 11,000 Test run mark and the third International player behind Allan Border and Brian Lara.
63. Tendulkar is fourth on the list of players with most Test caps. Steve Waugh (168 Tests), Allan Border (158 Tests), Shane Warne (145 Tests) have appeared in more games than Tendulkar
64. Tendulkar has played the most number of Test Matches(144) for India (Kapil Dev is second with 131 Test appearances).
65. First to 30,000 international runs
66. Tendulkar's 30,000 runs in international cricket include 18,000 runs in ODI's, 13,973 Tests runs and 10 runs in the lone Twenty20 that India has played.
67. On December 10, 2005, Tendulkar made his 35th century in Tests at Delhi against Sri Lanka. He surpassed Sunil Gavaskar's record of 34 centuries to become the man with the most number of hundreds in Test cricket.
68. Tendulkar is the only player who has 150 wkts and more than 15000 runs in ODI
69. Tendulkar is the only player who has 40 wkts and more than 11000 runs in Tests
70. Only batsman to have 100 hundreds in the first class cricket
|Matches||Won||Lost||Tie||No Result||Win percentage|
ODI Debut: India Vs Pakistan at Jinnah Stadium, Gujranwala - Dec 18, 1989
Last played: India Vs South Africa at Captain Roop Singh Stadium, Gwalior - Feb24,2010.
- T20 Debut:India Vs South Africa at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg - Dec01, 2006
Last played: India Vs South Africa at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
Dec 01, 2006
Can YOU Guess who is this lady...
Guess ..................... Who is this??????????
Hint: This is one who is world number one in ..........
I Know that you cant Guess Sooooo
YOU cant belive that
That lady is......
Sachin Tendulkar in college fancy dress competition . Am sure u will go back to take a look........ now
go back to take a look Again and Again